Advisory Services To Medical and Healthcare Institutions
Capital Commercial Realty has extensive experience in structuring strategies for various non-profit and for-profit healthcare groups. We take a comprehensive approach to aggressively managing costs by lowering occupancy costs and reducing liabilities related to the client’s current and future real estate portfolio, including but not limited to: acute care and specialty inpatient hospitals, ambulatory and outpatient facilities, home care facilities, laboratories, medical office buildings, child care centers, wellness centers, administrative buildings and other owned and leased properties.
We can assist in the development of a real estate strategy to support a merger, a consolidation of practices into one property with centralized support services; acquisition/disposition of property; lease negotiation/renegotiation; tax exempt, private debt or private equity financing or refinancing; sale/leaseback; lease/purchase; and other options.
Upon completion of an analysis of your real estate assets, we can make specific recommendations to save money in the near term, while improving your real estate facilities long term.
Contact us to explore what strategies will make your commercial real estate assets more profitable.
Advisory Services To Institutions for Higher Education
Capital Commercial Realty can assist institutions of higher learning in the Commonwealth by conducting a top-down real estate plan review and developing creative financing approaches, such as tax exempt bond packages that reduce overhead and liabilities. We can also work with the college’s real estate and development staff to review current holdings that may be best suited for sale/leaseback and lease/purchase transactions that would reduce debt, and provide immediate capital to support campus growth and expansion.
Please contact us to explore the opportunities that may be available.
Unlike the traditional property management or master facility planning firm, Capital Commercial Realty provides clients with a comprehensive approach to the strategic management of real estate assets with a focus on proactively reducing occupancy costs. The economic downturn, tightening credit markets and reduced revenue streams – especially from non-operating sources – have created an environment where every dollar counts. This is true especially on the expense side of the income statement, and where off-balance sheet alternatives are attractive.
We can provide real estate due diligence to assist with the development and implementation of strategies to ensure real estate assets are deployed to the maximum benefit of the occupying entity and that occupancy costs are kept to the absolute minimum possible.
We work with clients in three key areas:
- Strategic Real Estate Asset Management Plan – We develop a master strategic real estate asset management plan, including:
- Review of pertinent planning documents, e.g. existing strategic plan, business plan(s), service line plan(s) and master facility plan
- Summary of owned and leased real estate
- Financial analysis of current occupancy costs including financing structure
- Pro forma financial projections for future occupancy costs
Capital requirements projections
- Real estate market analysis
- Planning / zoning review
- Energy efficiency audit and analysis:
- Electrical system, including interior and exterior lighting
- Utility array and contracts
- Building envelope
- Report and recommendations
- Acquisitions, Dispositions & New Project Development – In addition to general real estate advisory services, we provide purchase and sale cycle management, buyer/seller solicitation, process management, site selection, due diligence, assistance in identifying enterprise, recovery, technology and neighborhood stabilization zones, as well as assistance with local and state governmental permitting processes, architectural, engineering and construction contracts, and corporate, social and green responsibilities.
- Financing – Our teaming and business alliances can provide specialized expertise on tax-exempt bonds, commercial loan syndication, private equity investment, sale / leaseback transactions, and tax incentives and credits.
For more information on how your real estate assets can start working for you, please contact us.
Capital Commercial Realty works closely with private building owners and buyers in strategic sub-markets to collaborate qualifying sites with available tax credits and economic incentives for adaptive reuse to maximize the client’s investment.
We offer a broad range of specialized services, including:
- Discovery, due diligence and development of renovation/reuse plan;
- Local real estate market analysis;
- Navigation of the necessary political processes;
- Negotiation with governmental and/or non-profit liaisons;
- Energy efficiency audit and analysis;
- Exploration of availability of tax credits and incentives;
- Coordination of tax exempt municipal securities through business alliances; and
- Coordination with traditional lending institutions for conventional and taxable financing.
For more information on the possibilities of adaptive reuse, please contact us.
Advisory Services To Real Estate Brokers
With the recent implementation of Real Estate Board audits, regulatory compliance by Real Estate Brokers is mandatory. Now, more than ever, the review of the Broker’s existing policies and procedures, with systematic updates and preventative measures are necessary to avoid fines and penalties. Accordingly, Real Estate Brokers need to ensure full compliance with all Real Estate Board laws and regulations, as well as fair housing laws.
Capital Commercial Realty can assist Brokers in evaluating the following areas of practice:
- Brokerage and Regulatory/Board Compliance;
- Property Management Audit Services;
- In-House Compliance Training Programs for Brokers & Staff;
- Preparation for an REB Audit;
- Implementation of Internal Broker Self-Audits; and
- Broker Representation on DPOR Compliance Matters.
Through our alliance with FutureLaw, LLC, Capital Commercial Realty offers a team of attorneys and consultants who have represented real estate professionals all across Virginia for years. Most recently, we have developed a self-audit checklist for use by Real Estate Brokers. For more information about how we might assist you with your compliance matters, please contact us.